Thursday, January 29, 2015

What's Your Name?

Since today marks the day of 6 months being in China, I have been reflecting a lot on my experience thus far. Then, it hit me that I haven’t updated you all on the funny names that I have encountered here. Some of these you will not believe but NONE of them are made up. I have/had students named all of these names:

 1.       Fairy


2.       Birdy


3.       ABC (yes, that’s pronounce by just saying the letters ‘a’ ‘b’ ‘c’)


4.       Dudu (this one is simply their Chinese name but it sounds terrible in English)


5.       Seven


6.       Puker (like thrower upper)


7.       Kitty


8.       Tiger


9.       Wolf


10.   Apple


11.   Candy


12.   Feynman



It’s always interesting when the students choose to keep their Chinese name like Dudu did. I have some students I have to call Yuanyuan, Taozi, Cici, and Diandian. No matter what their names are, they are all so cute and keep class interesting each and every time. I feel like I have such a strong bond with each of my classes now, even some of the newer ones. I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months will hold as some of the classes will be ‘graduating’ and moving up to the next level! Maybe by then they will let me give them a proper English name.

No comments:

Post a Comment