Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Twelve More Hours!

It's 12:30 am right now in Detroit, which means that it is 1:30 pm right now in Shanghai. I've decided to stay up all night just to get used to the time change. Gotta avoid that jet lag somehow. Last time I was there, I did not experience much of it so I am hoping to keep it that way. My mom and I found this awesome watch which shows two time zones (didn't realize that when we bought it - lucky us!). It's so convenient & perfect for what I need.

My flight is at noon tomorrow, hence the "Twelve More Hours!" title. My flight will land at 4 pm Shanghai time soooo 3 am Detroit time. I'll be on that plane for a good 15 hours most likely, which is where I will catch up on my sleep. I can't believe that this is really happening. I am so ecstatic, anxious, nervous and who knows what else right now. I always told myself, "Nah, I won't get culture shock. I'm a pro at this." when really, I think I need to get off my high horse for a second. I know that this will be a great time for me, but I need to keep my mental health in check and realize what it is that I am experiencing.

Nonetheless, I am not going to let anything hold me back and will experience all that Shanghai and the rest of China have to offer! I've got my 43 pound suitcase, backpack and purse all packed up & ready to go for the morning tomorrow. Now to just touch up on my Chinese and find a way to pass these next few hours.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment